Qwik Disconnects & Snap Headers/RisersQwik Disconnects - The “E-Z” way to attach nozzles to large pipe - drill a 1-1/2” hole & clamp on. Q.D.’s save time during installations; do not require welded couplings. Pressure capability (up to 50 psi).
|Up-graded Spring Design:
Increased Spigot Depth Into Pipe:
- More “wrap around” contact w/ pipe.
- Holding distributed more evenly, two places instead of one.
- Better snap fit.
Greater Choice of Seals:
- Easier attachment to pipe.
A Seal With a Strong Shoulder:
- Flat Seals
- Thicker O-rings
High Chemical Capabilities:
- Flat Seal provides greater surface area for sealing.
- Available in Buna N, Hypalon and Viton™ materials.
- Note: Flat Seals can not be used with 2” Q.D.’s
Available for 2", 3" & 4" Pipe:
- Springs are 304 Stainless Steel.
- Q.D. bodies are Glass-filled Polypro.
- Select Any E-Z Spray standard nozzle tip or use an NPT female threaded ball in 1/8”, 1/4”, 3/8”, 1/2” for nozzle attachment of choice.
- No tools for cleaning
- Straight through solution flow
- No welded couplings or street elbows
- Swivel nozzle ball for spray direction
Qwik Disconnects Seal Selection:
- Automotive side & bottom flood spray
- Eductors in e-coat tanks
- Any low pressure system where large flow rates are required
- Suitable for pressures to 50 psi
- Attaches to black iron, S.S. or plastic pipe
- Standard O Ring Seal (Thinnest Seal):
- Use with all Q. D.’s including 2"
- Flat Seal (Thickest Seal):
- Use with 4", 3" and 2-1/2" Q. D.’s
- Highest pressure capability
- Do Not use with 2" Q. D.’s
- Flat Seal:
- Available in Buna, Hypalon, & Viton
- Q.D. O-Ring:
- Available in Buna, Hypalon, & Viton
- Extra Thick O Ring Seal (Medium Seal):
- Use with 2" Q. D.’s where increased pressure is required.
- Can be used with any other Q. D.
|Trade-Offs - Choosing the thickest seal increases the holding pressure capability of the spring clamp. However, while additional seal height or thickness may be desirable, this also diminishes the portion of the Q. D. which is actually inserted into the header which may cause slippage under certain conditions.|
Additionally, installation care is required to ensure the Qwik Disconnect is properly seated into the header hole. Furthermore, horizontal pipe sections longer than 21", from header centerline to end cap, require support.
||2" x 1-1/4" Q.D. Assembly/Springs, Body, Seal|
||2" x 1-1/2" Q.D. Assembly/Springs, Body, Seal|
||2-1/2" x 1-1/4" Q.D. Assembly/Springs, Body, Seal|
||2-1/2" x 1-1/2" Q.D. Assembly/Springs, Body, Seal|
||3" x 1-1/4" Q.D. Assembly/Springs, Body, Seal|
||3" x 1-1/2" Q.D. Assembly/Springs, Body, Seal|
||4" x 1-1/4" Q.D. Assembly/Springs, Body, Seal|
||4" x 1-1/2" Q.D. Assembly/Springs, Body, Seal|
Snap Headers - U.S. Patent Approved
- Improved chemical resistance, glass-filled poly material.
- Higher temperature capability, 210ºF.
- More strength, pressures up to 125 psi.
- One piece injection molded pipe and outlet.
- Clamp connection between pipe sections with double o-ring seals for "E-Z" assembly and disassembly.
- Save time and money for installation and maintenance with "E-Z" removable headers and risers.
- Solves surfactant and acid problems.
- 35% stronger than PVC or CPVC.
- Snap Risers™ due to the nature of glass-filled poly-pro, Snap Risers™ have higher chemical and temperature advantages over other plastics. These segments can be used where mild or stainless steel are recommended.
- Snap Risers™ with nozzles, can be shipped to job sites in convenient, boxed sizes. No concern of riser length when shipping via UPS, FedEx, etc. or any trucking line.
- Snap Risers™ allow for the reconfiguration of nozzle locations if needed. No need to fabricate additional risers. Changes easily handled in the washer.
- Snap Risers™ eliminate scrap and leftover material from fabrications. Any “spare”riser segments can be used as a replacement segment.
- Snap Risers™ are easily replaced when damaged. “Snap” out the damaged section and “snap” in the replacement, minimizing downtime and labor costs.
- Adaptability- compatible with all current CPVC/PVC fittings as well as MEP’s Snap Header™ and QD lines.
- Information- Dimensional information on paper and .DWG, DXF, AutoCad